Here at Keyless Entry Systems, suppliers of fingerprint door lock systems in Australia, we just love the convenience and security benefits of Biometric Fingerprint Door Locks.
Those tiny ridges, whirls and valley patterns on the tip of each of your fingers can be your home’s best friend, when it comes to security. With your fingerprints being as individual as you are, we thought you may like to know a little bit more about fingerprints.
Here our experts in keyless front door locks in Australia share ten really interesting fingerprint facts:
- Fingerprints are created before birth, formed from the pressure on a baby’s hands as they develop in the womb.
- Your fingerprints are unique. No two people have been found to have exactly the same prints.
- Loops are the most common fingerprint pattern.
- The world’s oldest discovered fingerprint was found on a piece of a clay pot dating around 2300BC.
- Identical twins are indistinguishable via DNA testing cannot tell identical twins apart, but fingerprints can.
- Adermatoglyphia is the name given to a very rare disease where people are born without fingerprints.
- As far as scientists know, only a few animals have unique fingerprints, such as gorillas, chimpanzees, and koalas.
- Your fingerprints are durable, making them very helpful for body identification.
- The first fingerprint files were created in 1891 by Juan Vucetich, an Argentine Police Official.
- Fingerprint pattern types are often genetically inherited, but the individual details that make a fingerprintunique are not.
Here at Keyless Entry Systems, we are excited about the future of biometrics. Get ready to forget your keys and increase home security, with the best range of quality keyless entry door locks in Australia.