So how do Bluetooth Locks work?
The basic principle behind Bluetooth technology is that two electronic devices are pair. One device cannot work without the other. As you or an authorised user approaches the door, a signal may be transmitted from your mobile phone, smart watch or key fob. When the lock receives the signal, it automatically opens, eliminating the need to carry or use a traditional key. Fully functional “smart” locking devices also have a solid Wi-Fi connection with a Bluetooth capable home security system.
What are the main benefits of Bluetooth Locks?
- If your child or partner has forgotten their keys, you can open the door remotely for them no matter where you are.
- You never need to worry about lost or misplaced keys.
- Just like modern keyless entry vehicles, you don’t need to get out your keys or fumble around while you are carrying groceries. Just approach the lock and the device will do the rest.
- In the case of an emergency, you will be able to access your home quickly and without fuss.
- Share access whenever you like. You can remotely let in a friend or relative by simply sending them a code.
- Bluetooth locks are encrypted so they cannot be read if your phone or fob is stolen.